Experience that comes from being the first to provide ACMI services
Southern Air is an industry pioneer whose history traces back to 1947 and is also recognized as the first to provide structured ACMI cargo operations.
Trusted by the world’s leading carriers, Southern Air provides unique ACMI cargo solutions designed to exceed the most stringent of standards, while assuring lower investment and risk for global airlines and shippers. Starting with its original 1985 Burlington Air Express contract, today Southern Air is one of the largest ACMI operators in the world, with multiple aircraft types for use across a wide array of service solutions.
ACMI is an efficient way to quickly establish your presence in new markets and expand your capacity without the legacy costs and responsibilities associated with direct ownership. By using wet lease you gain flexibility and agility today’s competitive market requires. Partnering with Southern Air provides you more flexibility, reduced financial burden, and lowered risk by shifting the capital expenditure required to build an instant network. And by having a partner with more than 60 years of industry operating experience, you can confidently put your energies and resources into building your business and value proposition.
A wide range of ACMI solutions, customized to meet your exact needs
Under Southern’s air worthiness certificate and maintenance program, our ACMI wet lease solutions provide dedicated aircraft, crews and operational personnel to power our customers’ capacity requirements. Our versatile fleet of 777 and 747-200 cargo aircraft, with firm plans to soon add 747-400F’s to the fleet, provides a wide choice of aircraft to suit an array of market dynamics. Our solutions include everything from short term single chartered flights to broad long term cooperation where we develop customized and embedded network solutions that can span multiple years. We often provide short notice capacity solutions for seasonal markets, AOG coverage as well as longer based fleet coverage. Shippers, Airlines, Integrators, Charter Brokers and freight forwarding agents are among our satisfied list of clients.
A few good reasons to seriously consider Southern Air ACMI
- Southern Air is the only ACMI provider offering the B777F, the world’s most economical long haul freighter with the lowest trip costs available.
- Southern Air has the highest ratio of spare to operational aircraft, providing lowest acquisition of parts costs. We maintain all of our own aircraft and do not outsource to other third-party providers.
- Southern Air has the most dedicated and seasoned professionals in the industry.
- Our legacy standing of providing safe and highly reliable services to the air freight industry.
- Southern Air clients are able to leverage our experience and cost efficient operations platform while remaining focused on growing their markets.